Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mentor Interview

Papon: What is your full name?
Aroon: Aroon Shivdasani
Papon: Where are you from (city, state, country)?
Aroon: Manhattan, New York, USA
Papon: Where did you go to college? For how long? Do you plan to go back to school?
Aroon: Bombay University for my Bachelors Degree and Iona College, New Rochelle for my Masters Degree in English Literature & Drama. No – I am not going back to school.
Papon: What was your major in college and what kind of degree did you earn? Did you attend graduate school for an advanced degree? If yes, what degree and where?
Aroon: Answer above
Papon: Why did you choose your professional field?
Aroon: Because I love what I do and am passionate about it.
Papon: What got you involved in this field of work? What inspired you to do it?
Aroon: My love for the arts and a passion to help build an awareness for Indian arts in North America.
Papon: Why did you choose this particular job at this particular company?
Aroon: I founded this organization.
Papon: How long have you worked here?
Aroon: 11 years
Papon: What is your job title?
Aroon: Executive Director
Papon: What do your duties include? Or What kinds of work does your job involve?
Aroon: Concieving, producing and organizing all IAAC activities.
Papon: What are some of the challenges you have faced working here?
Aroon: Lack of funds and resources.
Papon: What do you see as your future with this company?
Aroon: To make it an international organization.
Papon: Do you enjoy the kind of work you do? Why or why not?
Aroon: I love it.
Papon: How has having an intern helped your company or organization advance or progress?
Aroon: Interns help me get the job done faster and thus aid the organization move more efficiently.
Papon: What advice would you give to high school-aged interns (such as myself) getting ready for college?
Aroon: Work hard, play hard, be passionate about something, enjoy life, give back to the community.
Papon: What advice would you give to high school-aged interns (such as myself) preparing to find a career in the real world?
Aroon: Be realistic but stay optimistic. Trust your instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment